IV Nutrition Detox and Chelation Therapy in Cancer
Kalpana Gupta Shekhawat, MBBS, DNB, DFM, MD Clinical Nutrition
A healthy diet rich in nutrients is the best way to nourish the body.
I have observed in my practice that most of the patients suffering from cancer are very low on nutrients and high on toxic heavy metals, with poor livers, low kidney function, poor dental health, amalgam fillings, leaky gut, immune dysfunction, and an inability to detox due to low sulfur levels, leading to inflammatory reactions, which lead to manifestation of the symptoms and tumor formation. If the underlying chemistry is not addressed, it leads to metastasis in the whole body!
It is surprising that a fatal disease such as cancer is largely due to a basic lack of understanding on the part of the patients, which leads them to stray to various available therapies, which do not address the root cause.
I have been treating my patients for the last 7 years in a different way than conventional practitioners by addressing the root cause, and trying to understand the risks associated with their current health statuses, and providing them with a plan to prevent chronic diseases.
I have observed that once disease is established, metabolic correction with IV detox and nutrition therapy is the best solution.
IV therapy gives the most rapid recovery to the metabolism, as compared to oral nutrient therapy.
IV Nutrition therapy has given me enormous fulfillment in terms of patient outcomes when treating cancer patients.
I have seen inflammatory markers significantly reduce as I give up to 10 sessions of IV nutrients, Glutathione, and EDTA chelation: customized to each patient.
I advise my patients surrounding nutraceutical supplementation, dietary guidelines, and IV Nutrition & Detox therapies:
- High doses of Vitamin C: This critical therapy provides lifelong maintenance for cancer patients; it typically involves a slow IV over a period of 1 to 2 hours.
- EDTA chelation: For extracellular heavy metal removal, this works best for patients who have high levels of heavy metals in their urine.
- Glutathione: This is a master detox, and when given through an IV, it works very well for intra cellular detoxification.
- COQ10: Added to detox drip supports mitochondrial health.
- Alfa Lipoic Acid: This antioxidant tackles free radical damage.
- N Acetyl Cystein: Naturally boosts level of Glutathione in cells.
Dr. Kalpana Shekhawat is a Functional and Regenerative Medicine consultant, with an extensive educational and professional background in clinical nutrition and BHRT. In addition to having published various articles surrounding lifestyle disease management, Dr. Kalpana runs a lifestyle disease management clinic: “Freedom Age.” She works to manage disease by addressing nutritional deficiencies, and integrating her knowledge of conventional medicine with Functional medicine.